Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Letter to You

Dear FFA Friend,

Wow! Where has time gone? Now I’m starting to sound more like my parents but with all seriousness, wow! I wanted to take the time in this letter to thank you. For the bonds we have formed within the stiches of the blue jacket are something I value. Although there isn’t a way to wrap all our memories in this letter, I am going to try even with a Frozen touch to it!
One of my favorite songs in that movie is, “Love Is An Open Door”…you know the duet of Anna and Hans before we knew he was evil… Anyway I think of this, “All my life has been a series of doors in my face, and then suddenly I bump into you” is similar to the FFA experience. FFA has brought countless opportunities through these open doors in our faces! “…and suddenly I bump into you..” trust me friend, I did not plan to meet you. It was definitely sudden-ly.


“But with you, I found my place” Just like I have found my joy and love in the FFA, it is because of the friendships you have shared with me that my experience have grown from ordinary to extraordinary. “…and it’s nothing like I’ve even known before…” You are ONE of a KIND, my friend, and I am thankful for that.

I mean it’s crazy…” [what]  We finish each other’s…” [sandwiches] “That’s what I was gonna say!” – 
(Definitely my favorite part of the duet) “I never met someone who thinks so much like me!” Through the support and encouragement you have provided me, you have inspired me. The compassion you show others has become influential as well as the large heart you have is genuine. Thank you for making me, as well as other members, feel included.

Thank you for being my friend, mentor, advisor, teacher, or family member. You have impacted my life and the way I am able to serve others. Through your service, I have been motivated to do more and be more. Regardless of the amount of time we have left in the blue jacket or even if we wore the jacket at all, we are servant leaders.We are called to serve. 


Love is truly an open door. Life can be so much more with YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment