Monday, March 11, 2013

Pretty Please?! With a Cherry on Top?

Like most kids, when I was younger I really, really wanted a puppy.  I went as far as writing a detailed and organized list of pros and cons of having a pet.  I presented this well thought out proposition including the fact the I would be responsible for all feeding, cleaning, playing, AND doggy doo-doo patrol, and finished up by saying, "Pretty please?! With a Cherry on Top?"  I think we can all agree that adding "with a cherry on top" to any plead gives incentive for the other party to give in.  Well I was reminded of this on my adventures during FFA Week...

Whether it was meeting with legislators at the State Capitol or traveling to local chapter appreciation dinners, the State Officers were kept busy that week.  I was fortunate enough to be invited to Winona FFA's 3rd Annual Talent Show, which was just putting a cherry on top of my already exciting week.  Talents ranged from vocal performances, to exhibiting some outstanding dance skills, to presenting short plays in German!  I love talent shows because I am always in awe of the crazy and awesome things that people can do and are willing to share with others.  And this is when it really hit me...

All of these talents are so unique and something that each individual was very proud of (which they should be!).  We as FFA members, and as humans on this earth, each have different talents.  But what good is this talent if you keep it to yourself and choose to not share it with the rest of the world?  You have something to offer. 


Don't be afraid of what others are going to think and be willing to share your talent with others.  FFA needs you.  Your family, friends, and community need you.  Agriculture needs you.  And the world needs you.  So I'm going to ask you, like I asked my parents when I wanted a puppy--but with a list of all pros and no cons--to discover your talents, share them wherever you go, and use them to better the world around you.  Pretty please?!  With a cherry on top?


Stationed by the Ear of Corn,
Sabrina Kieser

No comments:

Post a Comment