Wednesday, October 8, 2014

How Will You Refuel?


I do not know if everyone knows this, but... I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC. There is not a day that goes by where I am not jamming to George Strait, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, or so many more of my favorite artists.  I would like to think I am notorious for finding original music that is not played on the radio and then making my friends like it. Some might say that I am obsessed... that would be 100% accurate. There are many reasons that I love country music, but the main reason I enjoy it so much, is it is a way for me to escape. For four short minutes, the problems and stresses I have in my life disappear, and I am submerged into lyrics that tell a story.


Starting college has been a change for me, it definitely has its goods and bads. Between going to class, homework, working, clubs and organizations, and FFA I have kept a very exciting, busy schedule! One thing that always helps me take care of the stress I am feeling is listening to a good song. Country music is my time to refuel myself to ensure that I striving to be the best that I can be. This theme of refueling myself can be related to one of my favorite Habitutes, "The Starving Baker".

Habitutes are leadership based books that take an image and relate it to leaders and leadership. "The Starving Baker" talks about crucial it is to take time to refuel yourself so you can continually serve yourself and others to the best of your ability. "It's the baker that spends so much time baking bread for others, he forgets to feed himself." Sometimes in life, we spend all of our time serving others or working towards achieving our goals and we begin to forget about the well-being of ourselves. We start to do so many tasks that we begin to actually hurt ourselves by not allowing time to refuel.

With FFA, school, extracurricular activities, and chores our lives begin to fill up quite quickly. How will you take time for yourself to refuel? Do you take a nap, go for a walk, watch the sunset, or listen to music? I encourage all of you to take sometime for yourself. To be able to serve endlessly and be the best you can be you have to make sure to refuel. Feed yourself, unlike the starving baker. Listening to  music is how I refuel and make myself ready for the upcoming days. Need some suggestions on what to listen to? Here are some of my favorites!

Dirt Road Diary - Luke Bryan
What You Wanna Hear - Dustin Lynch
Blue Clear Sky - George Strait (ALL Songs by the "King")
It's Your Life - Francesca Battistelli
I Lived - One Republic

Enjoy!

Find what makes you happy and take time to refuel! You deserve it!

Stationed by the Plow,






No comments:

Post a Comment