Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Everything You Go Through, Grows You



You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage, literally twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery and I promise you, something great will come of it.” - One of the well-known facts from the movie, We Bought a Zoo. I first heard this quote 4 years ago when I was an officer in 4-H and the other week it caught my attention. Thinking back, I liked to think I lived by this quote by taking nearly every opportunity that was presented to me. A good friend of mine would remind me of this quote when I was at a turning point that required some form of a decision. Her reminders then formed into a habit…20 seconds…that’s it. Make a move. Take a chance. Do something.

Those around me inspire me. Those that made small decisions that affected their whole life. Those that make a large decision that ultimately affect a small portion of their life.  I am inspired. Through middle school and high school, like most, I hit major life changes. Through classes, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, I became an involved student. Through these activities I established relationships with others and bonds that were seemingly unbreakable. I was introduced to events and conferences in addition to leadership roles and chances to strengthen my skills. Surely, I tell you friend, not everything went as planned. Sometimes committee meetings were not successful, events got cancelled due to weather or I was not elected to the officer position, but through my struggles, I have grown. Plus, sometimes everything went just as planned. An event was successful, I was elected to my desired office, and the committee meeting was on point. Through my success, I have grown. The same applies to you. It’s time we realize that just because one thing fails doesn’t mean we quit. It’s time to realize that just because one thing goes right doesn’t mean we’re set for life. Please know, everything you go through, grows you. Know that you have a purpose with the words that you speak and the actions that you do. Do something for yourself once in a while. Find growth. Seek opportunities and don’t stop growing no matter what the outcome is.

There is no growth in a comfort zone and no comfort in a growth zone



Take that leap of faith, or those twenty seconds of insane courage, and I promise you, something great will come of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment