Wednesday, March 23, 2016

In Closing...

Here I am, writing my last blog post as the 2015-2016 Minnesota FFA State Reporter.  I am so humbled and filled with joy to have spent the past 11 months in this amazing organization working with the most amazing FFA members ever.  Over the past year, I have done quite a bit of correspondence, written several essays, and completed various written projects for FFA, college classes, and other events.  Quite often at the bottom of my writing, my last paragraph starts with these two words:   “In closing…”  Using the words “In closing” usually refers to one’s last thoughts or parting comments on a subject.  So, my dear FFA family, in closing, I’ve decided to share with you a few of my favorite quotes and thoughts I’ve gathered over this past year.  These are a short compilation of the pick-me-ups, inspiration, reflections, and a little bit of humor that always tend be exactly what I need to read, just when I need it most.  I hope you will read these quotes and thoughts, and keep them as a resource for the times when you may need something similar in your journey, and they may be exactly what you need, just when you need it most.
 
1.)  BE THE KIND OF LEADER THAT YOU WOULD FOLLOW
Take this to heart.  Make a positive difference in the lives of those students and adults you meet, lead with your actions, as actions speak much louder than words. 

2.)  SHE BELIEVED SHE COULD, SO SHE DID
Believe you can do it.  It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you believe you can do it.  Don’t just dream about what seems logical and possible, allow yourself to follow your dreams, even the ones that seem impossible.  Believe you can do anything. 

3.)  ALWAYS BE YOURSELF, UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN
You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine! This quote reminds me to take time to laugh and just relax once in a while.  No matter where you are in life, or what your current role is, be the best you that you can be and always be yourself.  (Unless you can be Batman).

4.)  YOUR GREATNESS IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE, IT’S WHAT YOU GIVE
Open your heart, open your mind, be a listener.  One act of kindness, willingness, or sharing might be all it takes to be the light in someone’s day, a forward step in their journey.  Share your light with another, be the spark that lights someone’s fire, help them ignite their passion and fuel their fire!  Give of yourself freely, you have a lot to offer!

5.)  WHEN MY HEART IS OVERWHELMED, LEAD ME TO THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I.  –PSALM 61:2
Goodness knows that when we are working so hard at being good leaders, believing that we can do anything, and being the best versions of ourselves, there are days where we may get weary and overwhelmed.  Friends, when you heart is heavy and your worries are gaining ground, remember there is always One who has your back, take a minute to give thanks for your blessings and open you heart to Him -   Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds – Philippians 4:6-7 

In closing, I want to say with sincere gratitude, thank you for allowing me to serve as State Reporter this past year.  It’s what you all have given me that has made me who I am today.  I will carry your stories and friendships with me forever, and I will never forget this year.   I thank you for your leadership, your laughter, for believing in yourself and for sharing your greatness with me. 

Signing off for the final time-
Stationed by the Flag,

Madison Taylor

2015-2016 Minnesota FFA State Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment