Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FFAmily

Where is your favorite place in the world?
 
Some might say Jamaica or Italy or the Grand Canyon, but my answer is home.  Home is where my cows are, where my belongings are and most importantly, home is where my family is.  My home is surrounded by beautiful hills, fields of crops and filled with people who love and care for me.  So, needless to say, I love being home. 

This past summer was one of the best summers of my life.
I was able to meet so many incredible people and travel to amazing places.  However, when I was away, I felt myself missing my family. I missed having my support system with me.

One of the biggest things I realized this summer is family isn’t always blood.  It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs and are the ones who accept you for who you are. On April 28th 2015, I was elected into an office position but it was so much more than that; I was put into a family with five caring and loving individuals.

Sam (Michigan), Me, Riely (Idaho), and Nicole (Arizona)
During the summer I had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C. to attend State Presidents Conference.  I was roomed with girls from Idaho, Arizona, and Michigan.  Little did I know that these girls would become a huge part of my life.  The week I spent with them was one of the best weeks of my life but our friendships 
didn’t end when we left D.C.  After finishing the summer and moving to college, we still remained friends.  

Think about the relationships you have made through FFA.  Who are those people who you have remained friends with?  Who support you?  Who want you to succeed? These people are known as our FFAmily.

This week is the National FFA Convention in Louisville, Kentucky and I am so excited for a million different reasons.  One of the biggest reasons is because I get to see my FFAmily from D.C.  Although convention is 12 hours from where I live, I feel like I’m heading home for a reunion of my FFAmily. 

As we arrive in Kentucky for National Convention, don’t be afraid to step out and meet new people.  Attend a workshop and sit by people you don’t know.  Try to collect signatures from members from all 50 states and the islands.  Listen to others stories and be sure to share your own, because you never know, someone you meet now could end up becoming a new member of your FFAmily.

Stationed by the plow,

No comments:

Post a Comment